Thursday, December 4, 2008

In the Christmas Mood

I saw this on The Pink Clutch (who saw it on Barefoot in the Park). Just something else that keeps me in the holiday mood.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, it seems more personal. Although I just placed my gift for the gift exchange at work in a bag. It turned out pretty cute because I took the time to stamp Christmas ornaments on the bag and the tissue paper inside. (I will be curious to see if anyone even notices).
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Real, that is all I know.
3. When do you put your Christmas tree up? First weekend in December. So guess what we are doing this weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? One of the days in between the 26th and the 31st. Just depending on what is going on.
5. Like eggnog? Non-Alcoholic…I sure do. Not many people I know do like it.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? No, I have been holding out for a nice one.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? There a few memorable gifts… green bicycle with banana seat, a huge doll house (looked like the house from The Waltons).
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad … just because I always buy him the same old thing. Would love to really surprise him one year with something.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My Mom! She may be getting harder though now that she is treating herself to more throughout the year.
10. Worst Christmas gift? I can’t think of one specifically but they all came from the same place… a Yard Sale. (Bless her heart.)
11. Mail or email a Christmas card? Mail! I want to get Christmas cards in the mail. Anyone can email me anytime of the year. But send me Card for Christmas.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Sleepless in Seattle. :) I can’t think of a good one right now. I can only think of the one I don’t care for… A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually, the day after Thanksgiving and finish on Christmas Eve. I always drag it out! I don’t mind.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am sure have. But then again I have several unused gifts sitting around.
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Holiday Cookies. There is always such a variety around Christmas.
16. Lights on tree? Lights on our tree are all clear, some blink, some twinkle, a few strings of round bulbs of different sizes.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Kenny Chesney’s CD: All I want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan.
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? No, all of our family is here.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Bow.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. Like I said shopping is still being done on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? More crazy people that you have to deal with when out in public.
23. Favorite ornament? I have a lot of favorites… It is like going through a scrapbook when I decorate…I can remember where / who most of my ornaments are from.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A monogrammed wooden pendent necklace and maybe some other accessories. Guess I better tell Santa. I don't think he knows.

No comments: