Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's been going on?

Seems like I went a while without posting so this is just to fill in the blanks...

Our sweet boy is potty trained! I feel like I did nothing. It just happenend. How about that. Seriously...per his teachers request he started wearing pull-ups when he turned two. He would potty several times over the months in all the different positions and places. We had a school change or two but the process remained the same. Then in the Spring I guess we started asking him more regularly if he needed to potty. We started seeing a pattern to his behavior of tucking away to hide and poop alone. A few times we were successful to get him on the potty to poop. He did great on our beach vacation and in June he just started staying dry. And he would tee-teeing when we took him. When we went to the Braves in June and we did not even go to the bathroom to avoid the hassel and he was still dry when we left. I declared potty trained! Big Boy underwear ever since and he poops nightly on the potty like a grown man, asking me to "give him a minute". What luck!



My hubby found a new job and he is a new man. (He hates me sharing info about him. He is a private person.) That is beside the point. I think his potenial is huge with this new opportunity. I continue to hope and pray that the other folks out there needing a job find one soon. Now if he can just get a paycheck we will be even better. LOL!

Our Neighborhood had a old fashion Field Day at the local park last weekend and it was a blast. Just like you would imagine... Egg Race, Egg Toss, Water Ballooon Toss, Three Legged Race and Tug of War. It was so much fun. We can't wait until next year.




I think that is a good update for now.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

1 comment:

Creative for Life said...

Congrats on the potty training Stacy! What an accomplishment indeed...and congrats to your husband...my husband is the same way, so I try and limit his exposure on my blog as well...and as for the Bachelorette, which wasn't in your post, but you commented on mine, I do wonder who the next Bachelor will be now that you mention it!

Laura W.